Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hunger in Kentucky


17% of Kentucky's population do not know where there next meal will come from.  That's about 750,000 of our population. Close to 1 in 4 children lack consistent access to enough food everyday for a healthy life style.  Parents often have to choose between food or paying for utilities like fuel, and heating.   
I can honestly say that I never really knew of the hunger issues in Kentucky, and now that I do I think people should do more to help.  So many people talk about wanting to help people around the world, but what about right here in your home town.  What about those people.  They need help too.  I think that more people should try to help the people around us, then look to the outside and see.  Hunger is a huge issue that I am fortunate enough to not have to deal with it, but people like me should want to help others near home.



No comments:

Post a Comment