Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Poverty in Kentucky

Kentucky's poverty rate is now at 19.4 percent. The poverty rate for Kentucky people between ages 18 to 64 increased from 17.6 in 2011 to 18.3 in 2012. The rate in 2008 was 15.7.  Also estimated that one in four children in Kentucky live in poverty. Child poverty in Kentucky increased to 26.5 percent in 2012 from 23.5 percent in 2008.
I have seen homeless people in Kentucky and I have been to the worse parts of tow, but I never would have guessed that this many people are living in poverty.  I think it's sad, and I can't really do anything to help.  I know that you can give money but you never know what that person might do with it, they might use it to go by drugs or alcohol.  I am definitely not saying everyone would, but you never know.  I think that people need to make poverty in Kentucky a bigger deal because people like me don't even know it's that bad and I think people should know. Everyone is so concerned about the people in other places when they should be concerned about the people right here in there own town and city.  
Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/09/19/2831627/kentuckys-2012-poverty-rate-increased.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment